BRONX MAN CHARGED IN ALLEGED RAPE OF 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL
Shame on You, Worse of The Worse, Unbelievable, On the Run.
January 10, 2019
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A man who was sought by police Thursday has been charged in connection to the alleged the rape of a 12-year-old girl last week in the Bronx. Police said Carlos Medina, 51, of the Bronx, faces charges including two counts of rape, predatory sexual assault, criminal impersonation, acting in a manner injurious to a child and two counts of sexual abuse.
Medina turned himself into police for questioning after authorities released surveillance video of a suspect.
Police say the man approached the victim around 10:30 p.m. Friday on Elder Avenue in the Soundview section and verbally lured her into a black SUV. The man then took the girl to a motel on Westchester Avenue in Pelham Bay, where he sexually assaulted her, police said.
She was dropped off back on Elder Avenue before going to a hospital for treatment. Sources tell CBS2 the girl came from another state to visit her boyfriend, who lives on Elder Avenue, but his family told her she could not stay the night.
She was outside alone when she was approached by the suspect, who struck up a conversation, sources said. The girl mentioned having nowhere to go, so he offered her a place to stay. Sources said she willingly got into his vehicle, but never agreed to have sex with the man. Police say there is no indication the girl was part of sex trade.