April 20, 2021
A Fort Collins man was found guilty Tuesday of sexually assaulting a close friend’s child more than two decades ago.
James Bachmann, 57, was found guilty of five charges:
• Sexual assault on a child under the age of 15 while in a position of trust, a Class 3 felony;
• Sexual assault on a child in a position of trust in a pattern of abuse, a Class 3 felony;
• Sexual exploitation of a child, a Class 3 felony;
• Possession of sexually exploitative material of a child, a Class 1 misdemeanor;
• Third-degree sexual assault, a