EIGHT PERVS NABBED WITH NEW MONITORING
The Tide of Moriches/Peggy Spellman Hoey
Two locals were part of a group of eight men rounded up last week as part of Suffolk’snew sex offender monitoring program, the Community Protection Act, utilizing retired cops workingfor Parents for Megan’s Law to check their compliance with the state’s sex offenderregistry requirements.
• Kevin Griffin, a 46-year-old Level 2 sex offender from Mastic convicted ofkidnapping and sodomy over 20 years ago, was arrested for failing to have an updated photo taken.
• Terrance Carter, a 28-year-old Level 1 sex offender from Yaphank who wasconvicted of raping a 14 year old girl in 2008, was arrested for participating in computer activityinvolving sexually stimulating material.
Parents for Megan’s Law Executive Director Laura Ahearn said the program will not onlyensure “accuracy, but send a message to registrants that they must comply with the law.
Also arrested in the new initiative were:
• Brian Riley, a 50 year old Level 3 sex offender from Amityville who wasconvicted in 1998 in Nassau for sexually abusing a 7 year old girl, failed to report for his 90-dayappearance.
• Robert White, a 45 year old child molester from Bay Shore who was convicted in1996 and again in 2011 for rubbing a woman’s breast, was arrested for a warrant issued undervehicle and traffic law.
• Lawrence Greene, a 34 year old Level 2 sex offender from Central Islip who wasconvicted of raping a 15 year old girl in 2006, failed to register a change of address.
• Lawrence Lindlau, a 47 year old Level 2 sex offender from Bay Shore convictedin 2002 of sodomizing a 15 year old victim, was arrested for failing to have photo taken.
• Christopher Phillips, a 24 year old Level 1 sex offender from Central Islipconvicted in 2008 of sexually abusing a child under the age of 14, was arrested for failing to havea photo taken.
• Kevin Stannard, a 53 year old Level 1 sex offender from Babylon convicted in1994 of sexually abusing a woman, was arrested for failing to have a photo taken.