WESTCHESTER SWEEP NETS 32 FUGITIVES
Thirty-two of Westchester's 50 most wanted fugitives, including one who had been sought for more than 30 years, have been rounded up in a cooperative effort by county police, probation investigators and the U.S. Marshals Serviced that targeted suspects wanted on warrants. Some left the country, others fled the state, two died, and a few were hiding in plain sight under assumed identities.
Wanted and arrested for sex crimes are:
- Douglas Walker, 41, wanted in the 2001 rape of a 4 year old girl. He was arrested in Salemsburg, North Carolina, where police said he was working as a cook and convinced his boss that he was a victim of Hurricane Katrina who was trying to rebuild his life.
- Luis Paccha, 36, accused of raping a 7 year old girl in 1989 and is charged with sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child. He was arrested at a Norwalk, Connecticut bakery.
- Rosheem Peterson, wanted since January on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender.
- Robert Nixon, wanted since February for failing to appear in court on a sexual abuse conviction.
- John Herold, who had been a fugitive since 1967 in connection with the sexual abuse of a minor, had died.