CALGARY MEN CHARGED WITH SEX CRIMES AGAINST TEENS
January 6, 2021
Two previously convicted Calgary men face numerous new charges related to the alleged sexual exploitation of at least two teens in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Cody Neubecker, 34, and Gareth Wilson, 32, shared a Calgary home and were communicating with underage girls in the two provinces for sexual purposes, the Alberta Law Enforcement Response Team (ALERT) said in a release Wednesday. Both were previously convicted for sex offences involving minors, according to ALERT.
The agency’s internet child exploitation unit believes more victims could be found following its analysis of computers and electronic devices seized during a late October search of the residence.
The investigation was triggered a month earlier following a tip about suspicious online activity, the release states.
“It is a troubling realization that we don’t know how many victims are out there. However, we are hoping they have the courage to come forward and help prevent other girls from falling prey,” unit Staff Sgt. Dominic Mayhew said in the release.
Neubecker and Wilson are each charged with sexual assault, sexual interference and possession of child pornography, among other offences.
Neubecker is also charged with child luring, while Wilson faces a charge of making child pornography.
Message from Executive Director Laura A. Ahearn: Please visit our website at www.crimevictimscenter.org for news, information and resources in your community.