POLICE ARREST 5 IN CHILD SEX STING
Suffolk County police yesterday announced the arrests of five men for attempting to solicit sex from children over the Internet.
- Charles Calandra, 30, of 21 Cottontail Road in Center Moriches, was arrested November 19 after chatting under the screen name Sweeee21. He was arraigned and is being held at the Suffolk County jail. He was convicted after sodomizing a juvenile male in 1998 but was out of jail and had finished probation.
- Edwin J. Partridge, 39, of 41 Page Lane in Westbury, was arrested November 24 and posted bail after his arraignment. Partridge pretended to be a young girl online, so he could meet other girls and introduce them to an older male friend, who was himself. His screen name was MYT14U2.
- Yogesh C. Patel, 40, of 43 Nelson Avenue in Monroe Township, New Jersey, screen name YC786, was arrested December 2 and posted bail after his arraignment.
- Limbert Bilbaolavieia, 21, of 725 W. 172nd Street in Manhattan, was arrested December 4 and posted bail. His screen name was NYCVOLLEYBALL.
- Ronald J. Klink, 31, of 42-15 34th Avenue in Astoria, used a screen name of RON6423 and was arrested yesterday. He was held in jail last night and scheduled for arraignment today.
When the men arrived at the location in Suffolk County they had set up to meet the children, police arrested them. All five men were charged with attempted disseminating indecent materials to minors in the first degree, a felony punishable by 1 1/3 to 4 years in prison.