THE CRIME VICTIMS CENTER
1 (888) 275-7365
The Suffolk County Crime Victims Center (CVC) provides vital trauma informed support services, information, and multi-agency service referrals for assistance to all victims of violent crime, all victims of hate crime and elderly, minor and disabled victims of property crime. The CVC will also assist you in completion of required documents to secure reimbursement for medical and essential personal property expenses related to the crime.
If you, your child or someone you know is a victim of crime, we can help you. There is absolutely no cost for services.
Support services are provided to survivors of homicide victims and adult and child victims of assault, sexual assault, child physical and sexual abuse, domestic violence, hate crime, motor vehicle (DWI), motor vehicle (non DWI), stalking, kidnapping, human trafficking, terrorism, arson, robbery and confrontational burglary.
Click Here To see Our Public Service Announcement:
How the Suffolk County Crime Victims Center Can Help You
- 24 Hour Rape Crisis Hotline (631) 332-9234 (170 different languages)
- 24 Hour Violent Crime and Hate Crime Hotline (631) 626-3156 (170 different languages)
- Assistance in filing for New York State crime victims compensation claims for reimbursement related to expenses for personal injury, lost wages, loss of essential personal property, and other expenses.
- Assistance for obtaining Office of Victim Services emergency awards, expedited approvals and advocacy
- Counseling for child and adult victims of violent crime - short and long term and no cost.
- Criminal justice and family court advocacy includes but is not limited to SAFE and medical appointment accompaniment, courtroom accompaniment, coordinating with local, state or federal law enforcement, the District Attorney’s or US Attorney’s Office, assistance with filing for Orders of Protection, information and referrals regarding your rights and options as a crime victim, medical and legal referrals, UVISA assistance, information and referrals for concrete services, and other community based and government resources.
- Systematic outreach to community organizations, public and private schools, houses of worship, consulates, government and criminal justice agencies, libraries and mental health providers.
- Hate Crime Prevention Education and Outreach Program
- Multilingual Services (170 languages)
- Prevention Education Programs for children, tweens, teens, college –aged students, adults, and professionals working with children. We come to you Call today to schedule a program (631) 689-2672.
Download Literature and Brochures Here:
- Hate Crime Task Force Recommendations
- Crime Victims Center Brochure
Centro de Victimas de Crimen
- Hate Crime Advocacy and Outreach Program
Programa de Abogacía y Información de Crímenes de odio
- How to Obtain an Order of Protection in Suffolk County Family Court
Como Solicitar una orden de Protección con la Corte Familiar en el Condado de Suffolk
- Medical Practitioner Guide to Assisting Domestic Violence Victims in Suffolk County
- Getting a U-Visa - Immigration Help for Crime Victims
Cómo obtener una visa- Ayuda inmigratoria para victimas de crimen
Call today to speak with an advocate (631) 689-2672. Hablamos Español and 170 different languages.
Out of State advocacy and referrals are available.