US MARSHALS LAUNCH CAMPAIGN TO CAPTURE SEX OFFENDERS
US Marshals and local law enforcement partners have launched an operation to intensify theirsearch for wanted sexual predators living in Middle Tennessee. There are several men at thetop of Tennessee's list, a few of whom have already been captured.
- Wallace Edward Smith, 38, was apprehended on July 30 by US Marshals Fugitive TaskForce in Mt. Pleasant. He was convicted of two counts of rape of a child in 2003, and sexualassault in 2000 in Alabama. He had violated the conditions of the sex offender registry byloitering near a children's day care center.
- Johnny Eugene Cope, 56, was captures after a manhunt that lasted through the night onAugust 3 in Columbia. He was wanted for three counts of aggravated sexual battery of a 4 yearold child.
- James W. Ridings, 40, was caught on August 4 in Clarksville. He was wanted inLouisiana for failure to register as a sex offender after a 2001 conviction in the same state forsexually assaulting a 13 year old girl.
- Christopher Federico, 33, was apprehended Tuesday in Ohio for assault, resistingarrest, evading arrest, violating his probation, and violation of the state's sex offenderregistry.
US Marshals and their Tennessee partners are still searching for several other sexoffenders, said to be at the top of their list for the most non-compliant offenders.
- Johnny Greer, 35, wanted by the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office for violation ofsex offender registry, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, evading arrest, and criminalimpersonation.
- Larry Neal Young, 60, wanted by the Cheatham County Sheriff's Office for sex offenderregistry violation. He has been wanted by the Sheriff's Office since 2004.
- Richard James Cullum, 38, wanted by the Metro Nashville PD for violation of the sexoffender registry. He has been wanted in Tennessee since early 2009.
If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Greer, Young or Cullum, you areurged to call the US Marshals at 615-736-517 or your local police.