6 NEW YORK PRIESTS DEFROCKED FOR SEX ABUSE
Six priests in the Archdiocese of New York, including one who tried to pay boys for sex, and asecond who plied a boy with vodka and had oral sex with him, have been defrocked by the RomanCatholic Church.
- Patrick Quigley pleaded guilty in 1994 to a misdemeanor charge after admitting he had offeredseveral young boys money for sex in Haverstraw Village in Rockland County. He has served inparishes in Staten Island, Manhattan and Rockland County.
- Daniel Calabrese, 44, pleaded guilty in 1992 to charges he had performed oral sex on ateenager after getting him drunk on vodka in a Poughkeepsie rectory. He had served in parishes inCongers, State Island and Poughkeepsie.
- David Carson, ordained in 1984, who had served parishes in Staten Island and Congers, with hisfinal assignment as chaplain with the US Department of Veteran Affairs in Bath.
- Kenneth A. Jesselli, ordained in 1984, who had served in parishes in Westchester, the Bronxand Yonkers.
- Ralph W. LaBelle, ordained in 1978, who had served parishes in Staten Island, the Bronx andPutnam County.
- Francis J. Stinner, ordained in 1967, who had served in parishes and high schools in Orange,Sullivan and Westchester counties.
Rev. Alfred Gallant, 69, who had served in Orange County was assigned to a life of prayer andpenance, a penalty reserved for priests who are sick or elderly.