MAN GUILTY IN ABUSE OF 2 GIRLS
Stanley Sadler, a 54 year old state Office of Children and Family Services worker, was arraigned on charges he sexually molested three teenage girls, ages 15, 16 and 19, in separate incidents at a home for juvenile delinquents on Long Island. Sadler, of Brentwood, a Youth Division aide at the Brentwood residential facility, was arrested April 8, 2003, and charged with first and third degree sodomy and third degree sex abuse of the girls in his care. It was the second time he had been accused of molesting a girl at the residence. He beat the first charge and was able to return to work. Suffolk Detective Lt. William Burke appealed to any other victims to come forward and call CrimeStoppers at (800) 220-TIPS. All calls are confidential.
After 7 1/2 hours of deliberations yesterday, the jury found him not guilty of sexually assaulting one of the girls. Still, he was convicted of first degree sodomy, two counts of third degree sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child. He faces a maximum of 26 1/3 to 29 years in prison when he is sentenced on May 13.
The girls are now 20, 17 and 16. The 20 year old said Sadler boasted of his sexual skills to her before pulling her into a laundry room and forcing her to perform oral sex on him on March 5, 2003. Another girl said he let himself into her room and performed oral sex on her on March 23, 2003. A third girl said he did the same and fondled her on that night. Sadler was acquitted for the third incident.